1.17.2006

Steelers fan takes it a bit too seriously

>>>
PITTSBURGH (AP) - Talk about a heart-stopping game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.
Fifty-year-old Terry O'Neill of Pittsburgh says he was watching the game at a bar when he had a heart attack just seconds after Steelers player Jerome Bettis' fumble at the two-yard line late in the fourth quarter.
The play allowed the Colts to have a renewed chance at winning the game. O'Neill says Bettis is his hero, and he was upset with the idea the player might have ended his career with an error. "I wasn't upset that the Steelers might lose," O'Neill told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I was upset because I didn't want to see him end his career like that. A guy like that deserves better. I guess it was a little too much for me to handle." Doctors are planning to implant a pacemaker in O'Neill to help control an irregular heartbeat along with prescribing him medication to deal with hypertension. When asked how he was feeling, O'Neill told the Tribune-Review: "The Steelers won the game and I'm still alive, so I guess I'm doing pretty good." From now on, O'Neill says he will probably just take it easy and watch future games at home.
>>>

really, this dude needs to turn in his "terrible towel." He doesn't take his football NEARLY seriously enough.

No comments: