4.12.2007

The Annual Ritual

So, I went to the eye doctor yesterday. He told me everything is great, and set me up with a new prescription.

This is significant.

When I can have a dude addressed as "Dr." look into my eyes and tell me I'm healthy, why would I go somewhere else to have a dude addressed as "Dr." stuff his hand up my exhaust pipe, just to tell me the same thing?

So I can cross the "yearly checkup" off my list...

It's much nicer when someone can just look in your eyes and accomplish the same thing. And there is then no need for slugging the offending doctor so hard that all his relatives die.

I'm just sayin'.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eyes, yup it's all about the eyes. While you have "pipe" issues in a yearly check-up, I get to have my ample bosom squished to within an millimeter of bursting. I just love it when the technician looks me in the eyes and tells me we need to go tighter for a better look. If I could, I'd jab her in the eye.

Scott Hinrichs said...

Ah, the humiliations we endure in hope of ensuring optimal physical health. It seems odd to think of what we put up with in this effort, while on the other hand engaging in behaviors that are designed to work against this same goal.

I don't understand my own behavior. Do we think, I can get away with a certain amount of the negative because I have I have taken enough positive precautions? Do I look at health like a bank account? Do I think I have made deposits, so I am free to make some withdrawals?

We all do it to one degree or another. What's up with that?

Cameron said...

Hey, why only one picture?

That One Guy said...

Cameron: Okay, now THAT was funny...

OneHungMan said...

OneHung is with you on this...he'd rather die a young painful death that have Dr. Largeknuckles go in the exit only hole.