I'm not typically one of those guys that does a lot of these, although I do have a "100 things about me" post.. Others I have done can be counted on one or two fingers.
This one comes to us via Mr. Wm. Hung.
The idea is to go to Wikipedia and type in your birth month and day without the year. From there you post the following:
3 events from history on that day
2 births, 1 death from that day
1 holiday or observance
So, here are mine:
- The first gasoline powered car debuts in Springfield, MA.
- The First Cannes Film Festival is held - Bonus event: Miss Saigon makes its world stage premier in London
- Lee Iaccoca is elected president of the Chrysler Corporation
2 births, 1 death:
- Born on this day: Sophia Loren, Guy Lafleur - Canadian Hockey Player
- Died on this day: Jim Croce, American Song Writer
bonus event: This is the date of the holocaust in Letychiv, Ukraine. In the course of two days, the German SS murders at least 3000 Jews.
A holiday or observance:
In ancient Greece, the seventh day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion began.
I don't even know what that means, but "secret rites" always reminds me of the movie Eyes Wide Shut, so, there you are...