Yesterday when I posted my crankery with regard to DirecTV, I was also going to post a random list of other things/people who bug the crap out of me. But the post was long, and the time short. Without further ado, then, here are some of those. See if you agree:
This bugs me to no end:
1. Girls (mostly) who drive and text message at the same time.
2. People who talk with their mouths full to overflowing. (This is the worst.)
3. People who slurp.
4. People who don't smell good, and yet have no idea.
5. People who tie up a golf course repeatedly thinking they can drive the green, or reach a five in two, when there is never any proof of such ability. Ever.
6. People who speed up in order to NOT let you in.
7. People who judge others too quickly, or do so using poorly chosen metrics.
8. 50 year olds who marry 14 year olds, and think that's okay.
9. People who are fine with offloading their jobs on other people.
10. People who ask you to do things, but don't give you enough information to do what has been asked of you.
11. People who write or speak poorly, even though it is part of their job to do so.
12. People who spend their entire lives living in negative mental space.
Flame if you will, that is your prerogative.
And speaking of lists, here are two more. I saw this a week or two ago, and thought it was such a great idea, that I would steal it for here. The premise is this: Name your dream golf foursome - with you as one of the players. However, I'm going to change it just a bit. Therefore, I present for your consideration, my two lists, naming those with whom I would most like to dine:
First list - people who are alive today:
2. Jack Nicklaus - so I can ask him about his golf and business life.
3. Brad Pitt - so we can discuss architecture (I would set a place at the table-next to me-for his lovely wife. Pitt would be sitting ACROSS the table.... ) (bonus!)
4. Quincy Jones - so we can discuss music, but not Michael Jackson
Second list - people who are decidedly NOT alive:
1. Me - although I am not dead.
2. Luciano Pavarotti - I would love to learn everything about his life.
3. Leonardo Da Vinci - Artist, sculptor, inventor, architect - what more can one ask ?
4. Frank Lloyd Wright - I would ask him if he did indeed have an affair with Ayn Rand, which has been highly speculated upon. And many other things
5. Bonus Person: Miles Davis - I would like to get inside his head at about 1945.
So who's at YOUR dinner table??
And also, some of those ladies on Wayne and Garth's list up there are on my list too. Odd. And Kim Basinger, WHY WON'T YOU EVER RETURN MY PHONE CALLS??? You KNOW I'm calling you, it's hard to ignore 20 calls per day. Seriously. Just call me back.