Yeah, so I've seen this going around many of the blogs I read for several days now. I always look at the bottom to see if I've had the unfortunate pleasure of being hit with it.
But being the swell guy I am, I'll play along.
She Who Is Tall tagged me for this - so thanks for THAT. She just started her blog a little bit ago, so go give her some eyes, will ya?
Anyway, here are my seven oddball facts:
1. If I had it to do all over again, I'd be a residential architect. You probably could have guessed that one. I'm constantly inspired by living spaces designed for living, as opposed to maximizing some builder's bottom line potential. The common and regular is rarely acceptable for me in this vein.
2. My first job was as a dishwasher in the short order kitchen of a hotel. That's when I first smelled marijuana. With my first paycheck I bought a jacket.
3. I feel that I have a lousy short term memory. When I'm introduced to someone, I forget their name unless I repeat it back to them immediately. But around the office, I am "the keeper of odd knowledge". I'm also called "the wordy bastard" by some here. I wear that with pride. I can write prolifically. A blog is a good outlet for that.
4. I read in spurts. I like to read, and I go through periods of time when I will read a book a month for a long time. Then I will go through a time when I don't read a book for an extended period of time. I read the newspaper and several magazines all the time though. ThatOneWife can read a book a week in perpetuity.
5. I have fewer real friends than I would like. This year though, I made a small goal to try to reach out to some older friends of mine, and that's been very rewarding for me. This summer, we had probably my best friend of all time as a house guest overnight. I hadn't seen or talked to him in about 20 years. Life is too short for that. Sorry Sean.
6. I've never "partaken" of one illegal drug. Ever. It scares me. I've been around people who have, and I've been offered plenty of times.
7. My mom once caught me skipping school. She was coming out of the mall, and I was walking back to the bus to get home. I was about 15 miles from home (and so was she), and I was hanging out at my girlfriend's school, rather than my own. It wasn't a good day. I skipped a pretty large portion of 10th grade.
Since I believe I am the last person on earth to have been tagged with this, we'll leave this at that - play along, leave a comment that you played along and we'll all come over and see how you have publicly emasculated yourself.